Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Re-inspired...maybe

I don't know if I would consider myself once again inspired by After Effects but I seem to be on the right track. And, considering I have this ridiculous hatred of all things 3-D, I would say my outlook is quite positive. Perhaps what I mean when I say "I hate 3-D" is that I hate crappy looking animation done with inexperienced artists. I don't mean to sound so cynical, but there is a quality to 2-D animations that a lot of 3-D is lacking. That being said, I love love love this idea of "posters" or "billboards." I can take my 2-D designs and my doodles from my sketchbook and turn them into wonderful little scenes.

So, for this week, I'm doing just that. I've already started drawing and coloring with prismacolors (yayayaya) this little scene of a living room. And, for my other animation class I'm doing three animal walk cycles. I plan on combining these to make a scene like something out of Jumanji. An ostrich, a skunk and some sort of robot animal will all run through the scene. I will use After Effects to make the scene look 3-D. 

I don't have pictures of my illustrations scanned into the computer yet, but I do have my ostrich walk done. And almost my skunk. But my skunk is making me angry. So I won't be posting it. Here is my ostrich.




2 comments:

  1. I REALLY liked your rabbit :D I saw it on vimeo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oustanding! you can make a...umm...flock of ostriches by repeating them, maybe changing their scale.

    ReplyDelete